The sky's the limit.
If you feel like you’d really like to make your proposal to the one you love “out of this world”, this might be the way to go. But be forewarned: It’s a LONG way to go. A French marriage proposal planner that specializes in creating extravagant proposals has introduced a new concept for popping the question that will definitely let her know that you are “over the Moon” for her: A chance to propose while flying around the Moon. Beginning in 2022, the ApoteoSurprise agency says they will be able to offer suitors the chance to enjoy:
• Twelve weeks of technical and physical training.
• Takeoff from the Kennedy Space Center in Cape Canaveral, Florida
• The theme from “2001- A Space Odyssey”) playing in the two space tourists’ helmets when the first effects of weightlessness are felt.
• Arrival in lunar orbit three days later, flying within 200-300 kilometers of the Moon.
• Cut-off of all communication with Earth for around thirty minutes while the capsule flies over the dark side of the Moon.
• The Frank Sinatra song ‘Fly Me to the Moon’ played halfway through the orbital flight, allowing the suitor to make his marriage proposal far from any form of human life (engagement ring secretly hidden in his spacesuit).
• A spectacular Earth-rise seen from behind the lunar craters and return trip of nearly four days before atmospheric re-entry and final touchdown.
The flight-plan will mirror that of the mythical Apollo 8 mission in 1968. The spacecraft, traveling at a speed of up to 38,000 km/h, will be equipped with eight cameras allowing the couple to capture every moment of their engagement trip. How much? Just $145 million.
(Plus it’ll absolutely destroy however her first husband proposed to her!)
(I’d have a backup plan. These companies are always going broke at the worst possible time!)
(Obviously only for the very wealthy. Ha! Too late, Harry!)