Fly her to the Moon.
A marriage proposal set in space for 145 million dollars.
With the goal of staging the craziest and most outstanding marriage proposal of the last 13.8 billion years, one Paris-based agency will soon make reaching for the moon in the name of love a reality.
From 2022, it will be possible to ask for your beloved’s hand in marriage while flying over the lunar surface to the sound of Franck Sinatra’s Fly Me to the Moon. A self-contained and autonomous spacecraft will allow the two lovers to travel alone during a one-week interplanetary flight.
The ApoteoSurprise agency is a French marriage proposal planner specialized in creating extravagant proposals. The entirely new service worth 145 million dollars will allow 21st century princes to propose while flying around the Moon.
Once booked, the programme entails:
- Twelve weeks of pre-requisite technical and physical training.
- Takeoff on D-Day from the Kennedy Space Center in Cape Canaveral, Florida.
- When the first effects of weightlessness are felt, Richard Strauss’s Thus spoke Zarathustra, Op.30 poem from Space Odyssey (2001) will start playing in the two space tourists’ helmets
- Arrival in lunar orbit, three days later, flying over the satellite’s greyish surface at only 200/300 kilometres altitude.
- Cut-off of all communication with Earth for around thirty minutes while the capsule flies over the dark side of the Moon.
- The Frank Sinatra song Fly Me to the Moon will start playing halfway through the orbital flight, allowing the suitor to make his marriage proposal far from any form of human life (engagement ring secretly hidden in his spacesuit).
- A spectacular Earth-rise seen from behind the lunar craters and return trip of nearly four days before atmospheric re-entry and final touchdown.
The flight-plan followed by the space capsule will mirror that of the mythical Apollo 8 mission in 1968. Equipped with eight cameras and traveling at a speed of up to 38,000 km per hour, the spacecraft will allow the couple to capture their entry into space and of course, the greatest height of their love!